La Mancha takes an entrepreneurial hands-on industrial approach to create leading regional players. Our value creation approach focuses on implementing a broad-based strategy that combines acquiring high potential assets, optimizing operations, developing projects, and generating further growth through exploration and strategic alliances.
Once we have successfully implemented our strategy, we transition from active management to long-term supportive shareholder. In line with this approach, after developing La Mancha’s gold assets, we created strategic alliances with Endeavour Mining and Evolution Mining to pursue our growth strategy in the gold sector, respectively in Africa and Australia.
Experts in mining
When evaluating potential investment opportunities, we conduct rigorous due diligence to ensure that projects are technically feasible and are poised to generate long-term value.
Prior to forming strategic alliances, La Mancha was an established gold miner, managing a production of roughly 300,000 ounces from 4 mines (located in Australia, Sudan and Côte d’Ivoire), and applying multiple mining and processing techniques (open pit and underground mining, CIL and Heap Leach processing plants).
In the 3-years following its privatization, La Mancha solidified its track-record by:
- Doubling its overall attributable production from 117koz to 250koz
- Successfully building a 1.7mtpa CIL mill in Australia, on-time and on budget
- Increasing Ity’s production by 50% thanks to optimization efforts
- Outlining +4Moz of resources at the Ity mine through aggressive exploration
- Leading 3 projects to DFS stage (CIL / Flotation plants, multiple pits, multiple ore types and metals)